So called because of the speed of this dish! Wholewheat noodles are good and easily available – but if you can find them, try soba (buckwheat) or other non-wheat varieties for a change.
450g/1lb carrots, grated large
Pack of Cauldron Marinated Tofu pieces or other flavoured tofu of your choice
Bunch parsley, chopped finely
2 tsp rapeseed or other cold-pressed oil
1-2cm/½-¾ inch cube fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic
Shoyu (soya sauce) to taste
40g/1½oz mixed seeds (eg sunflower/pumpkin/sesame)
½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped OR pinch dried chilli powder - optional
Squeeze of lime juice
- Boil kettle.
- Put noodles into a pan and pour enough boiled water over them to cover well.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until soft. Drain.
- During this time, peel and crush garlic and peel and grate ginger. Put them in oil and fry very gently (almost just warming) in a frying pan.
- Add tofu pieces.
- Add shoyu and mixed seeds.
- If using, add a little fresh chopped chilli or a pinch of chilli powder.
- Stir in noodles, season with salt and pepper then add grated carrots and chopped parsley.
- Drizzle the lime juice over everything, toss and serve immediately.
Adapted from So, What Do You Eat? By Liz Cook