Fruity Tofu Cheesecake
200g/7oz vegan digestive biscuits (or HobNobs, or Jordan's Luxury Crunch, Quaker Harvest Crunch or similar cereal)
75g/2½ oz vegetable margarine
50ml/2fl oz soya milk
1 pack silken tofu, soft or firm (349g)
200g/7oz vegan cream cheese (eg Scheese or Tofutti)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp lemon or orange essence (optional)
2 tsp arrowroot
150g/5oz fruit topping (eg fresh or defrosted frozen raspberries or strawberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC/Gas Mark 4.
- Grind the biscuits (which will be used as the base for the cheesecake) until there are no large lumps left.
- Melt the margarine and mix in the biscuit crumbs. Spread in a greased flat tin and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put all of the other ingredients, except the fruit in a liquidizer and blend thoroughly until smooth. Remove the crumb mixture from the oven and pour the filling over the base.
- Bake in the oven at the same temperature for 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
- Top with fruit topping and chill before serving.