Serves 8-10 – very rich
25 minutes, plus chilling time.
The perfect recipe – it's lip-smackingly delicious, very quick to make and nutritious! Serve in little expresso cups for a sophisticated feel, or in glasses interlaced with non-dairy cream… or with chopped strawberries/raspberries.
455g/1lb silken tofu (red packet) – available in good supermarkets or health stores.
285g/10oz dairy-free dark chocolate such as Green & Blacks/Divine
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a sieve with kitchen paper and place tofu inside. Cover tofu with paper and place a weight on top (such as a tin of beans laid on its side).
- Allow the tofu to drain for about 15 minutes, or until about 80ml/3fl oz has drained out.
- Blend tofu in a food processor or blender until just smooth.
- Soften chocolate with maple syrup in a double boiler (or bowl over pan of hot water), set over a low heat.
- Stir gently with a rubber or plastic spatula until the mix has melted and combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture with vanilla extract and salt into processor with the tofu.
- Mix until creamy, scraping down sides once or twice to ensure everything well mixed in.
- Refrigerate in individual serving dishes of your choice and allow to set in the fridge for an hour or so.